The Ford Certified Pre-Owned Program
Relax you're covered
Peace of mind comes with the 172-point inspection, 24-hour roadside assistance, vehicle history report, powertrain limited warranty and comprehensive limited warranty coverage.
Every Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle comes with a 12-month, 12,000-mile comprehensive limited warranty covering more than 500 components PLUS a 7-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty.*
We've ensured your peace of mind with our comprehensive limited warranty. The warranty covers more than 500 components, including many high-tech parts. Areas of coverage include:
- Rear-wheel drive
- Front-wheel drive
- Front and rear suspension
- Air conditioning and heating
- Ford audio
The Ford Certified Pre-Owned comprehensive limited warranty provides coverage for 12 months or 12,000 miles from the Certified Pre-Owned vehicle purchase date, whichever comes first. You can choose to extend your comprehensive limited warranty past 12 months or 12,000 miles by purchasing a Ford Extended Service Plan. Each Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle has a standard deductible of only $100, so should a repair be necessary, your costs will be minimal. Ask your dealer.
Available services include:
- Towing assistance of up to $100 for warranty and non-warranty problems, including accidents (excludes impound and repossession)
- Travel expense reimbursement of up to $500, for up to 3 days lodging, meals and rental vehicle for travel expenses accrued when the breakdown occurs more than 100 miles from home
- Destination expense assistance of up to $75 for emergency transportation to the immediate destination
- Rental car reimbursement of up to $30 per day for up to 5 days
- Fuel delivery if the vehicle runs out of fuel — up to 2 gallons at no charge
- Flat-tire changes on site
- Jump starts for dead batteries
- Lockout assistance of up to $50 to unlock vehicle doors
- Service throughout the 50 United States and Canada
Vehicle History Report
Feel confident when you get behind the wheel of your Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle with this informative, full history report. Not every vehicle can make the cut as a Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle. To even be considered for certification, each Ford must be less than 6 model years old and have fewer than 80,000 miles on the odometer.
After a vehicle has been determined as eligible in terms of age and mileage, an independent third-party vehicle history report is run to identify any vehicle that does not meet our strict standards. The report is run as a part of our 172-point inspection.
Cost of Ownership
Every Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle comes with comprehensive and powertrain limited warranties, 172-point inspection and more. No one else provides that.
Let's say you find a "deal" in the paper on a used car model you've had your eye on. One with a price too good to pass up; so instead of getting a Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, you buy something else. But did this vehicle include a rigorous 172-point inspection? A vehicle history? Comprehensive and powertrain limited warranties? 24-hour roadside assistance and other benefits? It doesn't take long for non-covered repairs and other expenses to eat away whatever money you saved. When it comes to long-term total cost of ownership, Ford CPO vehicles might well end up costing you less. Maybe a lot less. And it's hard to put a price on the peace of mind that comes with driving a vehicle inspected and backed by Ford.